Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Have some early Christmas cheer

After last Christmas I caught some items on sale, one of which was a pretty little knitted sweater for dogs. The size guide said a size large would fit a dog with a chest girth of up to 34". Well, Mr. Dexter has a 30" chest and would look quite smashing in a knitted Christmas sweater. Part of me said the size guide didn't sound right (usually Dexter is considered an XL or XXL due to his deep chest), but I bought it with the justification that it was cheap as dirt (no, really, it was. Clearance sales can be awesome).

Back at home I excitedly tried it on Dex and found I couldn't even get it past his shoulders. Nice. I kept it, figuring that either I'd give it to someone with a smaller dog or keep it until we had a smaller dog.

Little did I know that not two months later a Heeler mix half the size of Dexter would waltz into our lives. A Heeler mix who would also look smashing in a knitted Christmas sweater.

Fig is ready for Christmas!
Fig tries on her Christmas sweater. It fits!

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome sweater...your purchase was the foreshadowing of this loving pup to come....Fig looks quite dashing in that sweater.

    I had a similar experience this weekend myself. I purchased a 3-pack of pup t-shirts for my two little guys, like yourself following the sizing guide, plus one of my pups is on the thinner side despite being the same weight as the other pup. I thought it might be a little tight on Jake but never imagined it would be tight on Ellwood. Well the T's were tight on both...ugh! I figure I will just donate them because I am not hoping for any more dogs to walk into my life....3's enough.....I think...lol

    ReplyDelete